Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fool on the hill




Let us daydream. Imagine that you have become a lucid dreamer; an adept at the yoga of controlling your dreams. Perhaps you would start small- satisfying all of your unfulfilled wishes and hidden shadowy desires.. reliving wonderful memories or living out old traumatic ones with better funnier outcomes.. awakening with a sense of wonderment and awe. With practice, you begin living out what feel like vast deserts of eternity within a minute of dreamtime. So you stay in the dream for as long as you want.. So you become an aimless wanderer of memories of places you've never been before. As you become more adept, you learn to fly traveling to alien landscapes and far reaches of the galaxy..

Perhaps, after several eternities which could all be contained within a single moment of sleep, you begin to get bored with this escape game.. So you decide to try a new game- you begin to alter this imaginary sensory apparatus which thought it flew through dream-space-time fulfilling it's desires at whim..

So now, you fly into inner space, developing spherical vision where you can perceive simultaneously in all directions. Forwards, backwards, up, down, left, right, all dissolve.. as does one's sense of internal identity.. Internal identity? What does internal mean in a dream? It's all internal isn't it? Or maybe it's all external. Just a dream. Everything I've ever seen comes filtered through my brain but now- I'm just.. I'm just sleeping in a dream.. so it's all in my brain? Or is it? Where is my brain? Back in some dream of a body I had once.. Internal or external, just seems like something from a nightmare long ago.. a cloudy sight born of eyes looking out from a brain but now- sight seems so clear. Clear light in all directions seen from a spherical eye. The questions cease. I just am. I am that I am.


In this light, dwelling eternally.

Day after day, alone on a hill
The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him
They can see that he's just a fool
And he never gives an answer.

But the fool on the hill sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head see the world spinning round.

I am the Fool..
I am the Omnipresence,
I am Omnipotence..
I am a dream-body of light in eternity,
A lucid dreamer becomes bored
with an infinite time of infinite omnipotence
Could god make a rock so heavy that it could not lift it?
omnipotence upon reflection
realizes it is not actually omnipotent;
because it's omnipotence is a limitation
of the expression of it's infinity
it's the other side of a boundary
of a dream playpen for new god-forms
So a king dresses as a beggar
to truly know the kingdom
the knower does not truely know
unless it becomes both that which is known
and the knowing between..
So the one eye splits itself into a cosmic egg,
from which a child is born
child of time,
morphing moving mirror image of eternity
seen through a looking glass
Where I told you about eternity fields
you know the place where nothing is real
well, here's another place you can go
where everything flows
Looking through the bent backed tulips
to see how the other half lives
Looking through a glass onion.......

I told you about the fool on the hill,
I tell you man he living there still.
Well here's another place you can be,
Listen to me.


No comments: